Fitchburgh Art Museum

Fitchburgh Art Museum
FAM

Thursday, January 27, 2011

First day!

Hi everyone,

This week was my first at the Fitchburg Art Museum. Every week I will be spending two half days at the museum on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Last semester, a professor of mine was kind enough to set up the contact for me, and after a lot of paperwork and personal statement-writing, the first week finally arrived.

My first day consisted of becoming acquainted with the office area and meeting everyone. It was pretty cold in the office, which we joked about- I was honored to wear the once forgotten blue sweater that everyone occasionally wears for warmth. Other than that minor detail, everyone made it easy for me to settle in.

My first task at the museum will deal with works given to the museum from the estate of artist Carl Pickhardt and his wife Rosamund. These works include everything from prints Pickhardt created to steel engravings printed in the 19th century.

I will be cataloging these prints, as well as researching the artists and pieces that came along with the estate. I am also creating a spreadsheet of the works to be presented by the curators to the board of trustees. This will enable them to figure out which works to keep and which works to sell.

Academically yours,
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment