Fitchburgh Art Museum

Fitchburgh Art Museum
FAM

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Snow days

Hello everyone,

There is not much new to report because as a result of the snow, I was not able to make it up to the FAM last week. If you are from anywhere above the equator I'm sure you know what I mean when I say the roads were unmanageable.

However, what I was able to work on was the artist biographies for some of the prints from the collection that weren't created by Pickhardt. I was able to use the wonderful world of Google as well as some more scholarly sources to dig up information. One interesting thing I found out was that Dorothy Rutka, who did some prints for the WPA, was murdered along with her husband! It appears to have been a robbery in their home in Shaker Heights, Ohio in 1985 gone sour. Although terrible, this is one of the fascinating bits of information I am picking up at my internship so far.

Stay tuned!
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment