Fitchburgh Art Museum

Fitchburgh Art Museum
FAM

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Abstracts

Hi everyone,

On Tuesday I started assembling the larger boxes we purchased to store the prints and drawings in. It was tough work, but they turned out to be great boxes for storing the larger abstract works. Later that day, I began organizing the abstract prints and drawings. There is an enormous amount of them, so I started broadly and organized them into rounded abstracts, pointed abstracts, landscapes and miscellaneous. Here is a picture of one of Carl Pickhardt's more abstract landscapes:



Today I made a lot of headway with the abstract works. I worked quickly and finished organizing them, then began to count the small and miscellaneous subcategories. Here are two pictures of my workspace with some of the abstracts. In the top photograph there are some of the pointed abstracts, and on the bottom, rounded and miscellaneous abstracts.





























This is my second to last week at the FAM. Next week will be the last post!

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment