After I turned in the spreadsheet and artist biography, Kristina and I went through the prints to decide what she was going to present to the trustees. It was interesting to see what went into deciding whether or not to keep a print for the collection or deaccession it.
Also, an architecture student from the Fitchburg State University came in to discuss his ideas for a new gift shop in the museum. It will probably go into the front area. I hope it materializes while I'm in still in Massachusetts so I can check it out.
When I was there too, an ex-senator donated a Ken Davies winter landscape to the museum. It was beautiful- very naturalistic with touches of realism and a little bit of a more genre scene in the background. I hope I am able to see it on display soon.
I also got a mug! Kristina was so nice to let me choose one from the conference room stores. I chose one that had a Childe Hassam painting on the front with the logo on the back.
Here are two prints I worked on in the Pickhardt collection! I am also including a picture of the planning board that goes all the way to 2013.
Here is the board:
This is a print by Allan R. Crite:
This is a print by WPA artist Dorothy Rutka entitled "Poverty":
No comments:
Post a Comment