Fitchburgh Art Museum

Fitchburgh Art Museum
FAM

Thursday, February 17, 2011

New Project!

Hi everyone,

Today was the first day of a new project. For the foreseeable future, I will be working with prints and drawings done by Carl Pickhardt. My workplace has been moved into the museum instead of the annexed office area. I am on the second floor in a room closed off by a plastic insulator and a curtain.

For the next few work days I will be spending my time becoming familiar with the prints and drawings. The number of portfolios and piles is pretty substantial- I think I can safely say that this project will keep me busy for the next few months. I spent my workday creating a station in the room where I can spread out to look through and organize the works. I created several sections in which to categorize the prints and drawings, and will probably add categories as I sift through the piles (i.e. religious, landscapes, abstracts, people).

After I organize the prints and drawings into categories, I will begin cataloging and documenting them. Today Kristina took me down in the very cool and messy basement to find a copy stand that you attach your camera to like a tripod in order to photograph flat works.

Below is a picture of the shelves I am using to categorize the prints- the bright green Post-it notes denote certain areas. The second picture is of one of the portfolios that I spent time organizing yesterday.

Ashley





No comments:

Post a Comment