Today I shared the workroom with Daniel, another intern who is working with the Pickhardt paintings. He has been working on this particular project and is up to over four hundred paintings at this point. It was nice having company although we were working on separate tasks.
I almost completely finished organizing all of the prints and drawings. I found an enormous amount of abstract drawings, depictions of sheep and older self-portraits by Pickhardt. I still have to put all of the copies together in each category, and make some final adjustments, but this project is going very well so far.
I ran into a few filing issues with a couple of the categories. For example, it was interesting trying to organize a number of female nudes- there is not much difference between Pickhardt's drawings or prints of regular nudes, nude dancers, and mythological goddesses. Hopefully I made consistent decisions concerning these female images.
This is a print that Pickhardt made dozens of, I keep finding more! I have been filing it as one of the performers. I love the viewpoint from the box seats. The light in the print is great- the singer is so illuminated but still the singer's shadow takes up so much of the image. Yet who is the attention focused on? The singer or the men in the box?
No comments:
Post a Comment