This week I finally completed the larger organizing of the prints and drawings and began to do more specific levels of organization. The last area of the room that I needed to organize were the framed drawings and miscellaneous collection of paintings. I also found several plates with which Pickhardt printed several images- there were about fifteen in all. They were all so heavy! I also found a box of pictures documenting his abstract work. However, mixed in with the rest of the pictures were pictures of a gallery opening of Pickhardt's paintings and a few of him and his friends relaxing on a summer's day. The pictures were taken in the 1990's, but he was still recognizable from the self-portraits he had done as a younger man. It was really interesting to see him so candidly- the pictures showed a little bit of his character that his own self-portraits and book jacket cover images don't.
Next week is my spring break for school. I will update on some of the literature I am reading for the academic component of this internship experience. Then when I come back in two weeks I will be exploring my workspace and project with video.
Ashley
Ashley
No comments:
Post a Comment