Fitchburgh Art Museum

Fitchburgh Art Museum
FAM

Thursday, March 31, 2011

This Week at the FAM

Hi everyone,

This week was a very busy one at the FAM. Tuesday was a very big effort in organizing. I started with the landscapes. Although Pickhardt did not do many landscapes, he was very talented in drafting them. Here are two landscapes I liked. The first has the inscription "My first print."



































On Tuesday I also counted the Clowns and Performers prints and drawings. I love the print of the woman singing. I also love the details and the simplicity of the horses and performers in the drawing.





































On Wednesday I began counting and further organizing the mythology section. Once I am done organizing and counting the mythology section, I will only have the hands section and the abstract section to organize and count. While the hands section is smaller, the abstract section is going to be an immense undertaking. On this short video, the very largest section on the top shelf is the abstract section:






On Wednesday, about an hour into my regular work, Kristina asked me to help her out. The new Egyptian gallery is opening soon, and she needed my help covering some wooden display boxes with fabric. It was a nice change of pace to work with my hands, and it turns out I am handy with a staple gun. Next week, however, I will be back to my usual prints and drawings routine.

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment